I have been getting several people tell me they can’t see clairvoyantly so I was inclined to write about several ways I know to be very helpful in strengthening clairvoyant abilities. Clairvoyance means “clear seeing”. There are many different clairs and you can see my article on The Clair Senses if you are interested in knowing more.
For me, imagination is the key to strengthening all of the clairs and especially clairvoyance. I have always had very colorful dreams and imagination so clairvoyance has been something I have always been able to do well but I still found enormous benefit from also practicing these techniques during my development. In my opinion, everyone has the ability to express all the clairs. Some may be more pronounced in different people. But everyone has the ability to cultivate this natural way of being. It just takes a bit of practice and awareness. You may also begin to “feel” the energy and receive information in this way also. This is called clairsentience or clear feeling. This would be an example of how all the Clairs work together in unison. The third-eye chakra is associated with the pineal gland which sits next to the third-eye chakra between your two physical eyes, which receives incoming clairvoyant visions.
For these exercises you may open your chakras and/or just your Third Eye or Brow Chakra known as the Ajna chakra. You may feel tingling on your forehead between the eyes. This is your third eye opening. If you don’t feel anything that is alright. Just trust that your third eye is open. These exercises take just a few minutes. You can carve out 15 minutes or so at a time and practice a couple or more times per day. It is also helpful if you start a journal and record your progress so you can celebrate your successes. Most of all, have fun!
1. Set an intention. Intention-is the most important and strongest aspect of anything we do. Set an intention to have your clairvoyance be as clear as possible for you for the highest good.
2. Connect with your Spirit Team. Making a clear connection with your Spirit Team and asking for their help is the most beneficial way to increase all your Clairs. If you already have a good working relationship with your Spirit Team that is all the better. If not, take a moment at different times a day to check in with them and ask for guidance. You will soon discover a magical and synchronistic way to go through your life’s experiences. You can go to my article on An Easy Way to Connect with your Spirit Guides for more.
3. Recreating images. Pick out a picture of any kind. It may be a photograph, a painting, or an object. Open your Third Eye or Brow Chakra. Next, with your physical eyes open, stare at your photograph, painting, or object for thirty seconds absorbing all the details. Then, close your physical eyes and recreate the image in your mind’s eye. Picture the colors, shapes, shades, and shadows. Be as descriptive as possible. Take as long as you need to get the information and then open your eyes and note how you did. Make sure to close your Third Eye when you are finished practicing unless you are used to having it open and are able to control your energy.
4. Shapes and colors. This exercise is similar to the one above. Below is an image of shapes and colors. Like the nesting dolls, they are one within each other. Open your Third Eye. Stare at the image for thirty seconds with your physical eyes then close your eyes and try to hold the image of all the shapes and colors at the same time. This one may take some practice. Don’t forget to write down your progress. The more you do it the easier it gets!
Photo image: Alison Woods
5. Meditation. Meditation is my favorite way to strengthen clairvoyance. Everyone that knows me knows I take some time each day to recenter and recalibrate with meditation. Even if it’s just a few minutes. There are so many visually guided meditations and journeys on the internet. Pick one that resonates with you and give it a try. Let your imagination soar!
6. Zener cards or playing cards. For this exercise you can use Zener cards or regular playing cards if you don’t have Zener cards. Zener cards are cards created by Karl Zener (1903–1964) in the early 1930’s for experiments to evaluate extrasensory perception with J. B. Rhine (1895–1980). There are 25 cards total with five cards that have different symbols and colors on them.
Photo by Alison Woods
With this exercise, turn your Zener cards or regular playing cards face down, shuffle them well, pull out a card with your eyes closed and see if you can determine the shapes, colors, numbers, and suits of the card you picked. If you have a friend or partner to enlist in this exercise, you can practice together by letting one pull a card and mentally send the card to the other. It won’t matter if you are in the same room, another room, or across the country. You may also try this with tarot or oracle cards as well. Just know that these cards have tons of information on them and it may be much more difficult. Some children’s simple flash cards can serve as an option as well. Don’t forget to journal in your notes how well you did.
7. Practice seeing auras. This exercise is a lot of fun with a friend. But nevertheless, you can do it on your own. If you have a friend to participate in this exercise ask your friend to stand up against a preferably white wall. Step back about 8 feet or so until you can see their whole body head to toe without moving your head. Stare at the edges of their body, try to gaze around the head and shoulders. This is the easiest place to focus. Blur your vision by partially closing your eyes where you can see but your vision is blurred slightly. See if you can start to see colors around the body. You may initially see the white auric field around the body and if you extend your vision out slightly you will be able to see colors. You may see the colors with your physical eyes and you can also see them in your Third Eye. Switch places and let your friend practice. If you want to practice on your own, you can take a white sheet of paper and place your hand over it. Focus your vision in between your fingers and blur your vision very slightly. You should be able to see different colors of your own aura.
8. Eat high- vibration foods. Eating a high vibration diet is another one of my favorite ways to elevate my intuition including clairvoyance. We have to eat right! So why not incorporate high vibrational and colorful foods, herbs and teas into our diet. Foods that are sun-ripened (ripened while on the tree) are most beneficial to the third-eye and preserving your physical vision as well as your spiritual vision. I am a big fruit and vegetable eater so this was fun for me. Just the idea of knowing while I was consuming fruits, vegetables, herbs, and teas they were sharing with me their beautiful properties of their nutrition, character, and color. My favorite foods for strengthening clairvoyance are:
dark leafy greens and spinach,
dark purple grapes,
Some herbs to eat or drink as teas for strengthening your clairvoyance are:
Disclaimer: If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking medication, consult your doctor and your intuition before embarking upon a practice of ingesting herbals.
9. Meditate with a crystal on your third eye. Crystals are another one of my favorite ways to heighten my awareness and intuitive abilities. They can be used in so many different ways and so many different purposes. I also use them in my own self-healing, chakra balancing, and my Reiki sessions. The following are some of my go to crystals to use for opening my third-eye with meditation. You can place one of these on your forehead between your eyes. You may feel an immediate tingling. If the feeling is too strong or gives you a headache you can try a different one and find the one that works best for you. Use your intuition for what feels right for you.
10. Taking classes, courses, or reading books about intuition or metaphysical subjects. Throughout my development, when I would read a book or take a class on any metaphysical subject my third eye tingled and my intuition would soar. This still happens to me to this day. We are all continuing to learn constantly and I am very appreciative of all the people, classes, courses, articles, and books that helped me along the way.
I hope you find these ten tips to strengthen your clairvoyance beneficial and fun. I would venture to think there are many other ways to strengthen your clairvoyance and I am confident you can embark on several other ideas for yourself. Most of all have fun with it and enjoy trying new things.
Reiki Master Teacher, Energy Healer, Spiritual Medium, Spirit Artist