Creative Manifestation Journal Prompts for the New Year
Updated: Feb 15
I have always loved to write so it’s not a far stretch to guess that journaling would be one of my favorite things to do. Especially at the beginning of a new year. In my opinion, it’s like a creative manifestation process that helps my thoughts and feelings flow into physical reality. Journal prompts help you to get to know yourself better and give you insights and clarity into yourself and your life. It helps to identify and work through emotions that may otherwise go unnoticed. Journaling helps to clear mind clutter and brings into focus what is most important for you. Journaling also helps your intuition, creative mind, and imagination accelerate and start to flow. This in turn helps you to gain clarity on your manifestation ideas. You can use this time to focus and cultivate the life of your dreams or you can create a new backyard living space. It’s up to you. The following are journal prompts to help you create and bring forth what it is you want for this year in your own words that are specific to you.
To begin with, set aside some quiet time for yourself either with pen and paper or on a computer or your phone. I like handwriting best because the energy of actual writing solidifies the concept in my mind and the feeling in my body. Whichever way works best for you is fine.
Set up a sacred space by making sure you are comfortable. Light a candle and/or put on some soft music. Take some deep, slow breaths and place your hands over your heart or together at your heart. Set the intention that what is for your highest good will flow through you on to the paper or keyboard. You can say a prayer, invite Reiki or ask for any other spiritual guidance from whatever Higher Consciousness that resonates with you. Let it flow. Don’t worry about how it sounds or if it’s too far out there. Write down everything that comes to you. Most of all enjoy the process of discovering more about yourself.
Explore the following:
Using your imagination, create the most perfect life for yourself. Address all aspects of your life. What would your life look and feel like in each of these categories? Really use your imagination and sink yourself into it.
2. Since we are timeless beings use your imagination and creativity to describe your life and how you feel at the end of 2023.
3. List ten or more of your most positive qualities.
4. List all the new things you want to learn and new places you want to visit this year.
5. Name all the qualities of the kinds of people you want to attract into your life.
6. Create your own empowering mantra, word or song for the New Year.
7. List all the ways you can put yourself first.
8. List specific ways you can practice self-care even when life gets hectic or stressful.
9. List five things you can incorporate into your life on a daily basis that will bring you closer to your dreams.
10. What are the most exciting and rewarding things you can do for yourself and how does it make you feel when you are aligned with these things. Dream big.
This is certainly not an exhaustive list of things you could journal about for the New Year but it will give you a deeper insight into what you truly desire and things you would like to manifest and bring into your life this year. I hope these journal prompts lead you on a magnificent journey into your own life and lead you to a deeper discovery of yourself. Enjoy yourself, have fun and Happy New Year! Loving kindness.
Alison Woods Reiki Master Teacher, Energy Healer, Spiritual Medium, Spirit Artist