Photo by Joshua J. Cotten on Unsplash
Awareness and exercising your intuitive abilities are the most beneficial ways to hone in on your spiritual skills. We will discuss ten ways to heighten and increase your Clairaudience or “clear hearing” and learn how to discern a clearer idea of hearing spiritual thoughts and messages. The intuitive ability of clairaudience is connected to the fifth energy center the throat chakra or the Vishuddha chakra. The ear chakra is a minor chakra above the ears near the temples that align with the ears and clairaudience. The color of this chakra is magenta. The color of the throat chakra is light blue. Sometimes I see it as a darker shade of blue resembling sapphire. There are two types of clairaudience. Subjective and objective. Subjective clairaudience is when you “hear” a voice, sound, or music in your consciousness. It sounds like your own voice. Objective clairaudience is when you “hear” a voice, sound, or music and there is no clear outside source from where it came. It sounds like it is near or in the room with you. For clarity, the sounds, words, or music you perceive will come to you with unconditional love, kindness, support, and compassion. It is not derogatory in any manner, shape, or form. You will feel resonance in your heart center. You will just know it’s true for you. An important point to make concerning clairaudience is that it is associated with your physical hearing and the throat so anything you can do to take care of your physical ears and throat will benefit your spiritual hearing and listening. Take note of what you are listening to in terms of music and other people. Be discerning in your physical consumption of auditory sounds, words, or speech. If you want to know more about the Clair’s you can check out my article The Clair Senses. Now, let’s get started!
1. Set an intention. The most powerful thing we can do before we start anything is to set an intention. An example in this case would be “I clearly hear my Higher Self, Spirit Guides, and Ancestors with loving attention”. Having an intention communicates what we want to the Universe.
2. Meditation. I can’t ever say enough about quieting the mind, resting and stilling the self to just relax or to receive guidance. Our mind is powerful and for us but it takes training to relearn to direct your thoughts in a positive direction. Just being still and listening is the greatest benefit for increased Clairaudience. Also I like to use high frequency music using Solfeggio frequencies or crystal bowls during meditation. The Solfeggio frequencies are a 9 tone scale used in sacred spiritual music like the Gregorian Chants. Each tone is a frequency sound that is required to balance each chakra (energy centers) to keep the body, mind, and spirit in harmony. I will write an article on the Solfeggio frequencies later because I find them amazingly wonderful. More on that later.
3. Connect with your Spirit Team. There are so many ways to become aware of your Spirit Team. This is where some sort of meditation or stillness comes in again. You can also ask your Spirit Team to “turn up the volume” when they communicate with you. Our Spirit Team communicates with us in many different ways. And if you want to know more about connecting with your Spirit Team see my article on An Easy Way To Connect With Your Spirit Guides.
4. Listen to different types of music and discern the different instruments. Music has always been one of my favorite pastimes since I was a small child. I was listening to a wide variety of different musical genres and styles from an early age. I picked up on the different instruments, sounds, pitch, and sounds easily. I loved to learn the words and sing along. Any kind of music you enjoy will do. Just pay more attention to each individual instrument and the part they play in the song. I can’t say enough about Solfeggio frequency music. I love, love, love this form of music. Everything is vibration and frequency right! Crystal bowls are tuned to the frequency of our chakras and can help us relax and relieve pain among other things. You can find many practices that include crystal bowls, crystals, singing bowls, gongs, and the like.
According to Solfeggioguide.com the nine Solfeggio frequencies are as follows:
174 Hz- Relieving pain and stress.
285 Hz- Healing tissue and organs.
396 Hz- Liberating guilt and fear.
417 Hz- Undoing situations and facilitating change.
528 Hz- Transformation and miracles. Known as the “love frequency”.
639 Hz- Connecting relationships.
741 Hz- Awakening intuition.
852 Hz- Returning to spiritual order.
963 Hz- Divine consciousness or enlightenment.
These frequencies feel good and are very healing.
5. Sit in nature. Sitting in nature is one of the most therapeutic activities one can do. Whether you live near the water or the mountains, nature is all encompassing and healing. Plan to sit or walk in nature wherever you are and listen to each sound that arises. Listen to the different birds, crickets, and animals around you. Listen to the winds rustling through the trees and all the other sounds in nature. Try to differentiate each one and as many as you can. This will begin to sensitize you to the subtle sounds from Spirit.
6. Eat High Vibration Foods. It’s wonderful we have so many different foods to eat. I love to eat many different kinds and types of food but mostly I will choose to eat foods that make me feel good and are of high vibration. Some of my favorite foods to eat that enhance clairaudience are:
Green Leafy Vegetables,
Seeds and Nuts,
Broccoli and Cauliflower,
Some of my favorite herbs to eat or drink as teas for increasing your clairaudience are:
Disclaimer: If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking medication, consult your doctor and your intuition before embarking upon a practice of ingesting herbals.
7. Crystals. Crystals are so versatile and lovely to incorporate into your practice. You can carry these with you, wear them as jewelry, or meditate with them on your chakras. You can decide what works best for you. My favorite crystals to work with for opening the throat chakra and increasing clairaudience are:
Blue Lace Agate
8. Get familiar with your own energy and listening. One of the best things to increase your clairaudience is to sit with yourself often and discern your own true self. Notice how you feel about you and your surroundings. Notice your own self talk. Ask yourself a question and just listen for the answer. The answers you get will be loving, nurturing, supportive, kind, sometimes funny, and will usually sound like your own voice. Although, some Ancestors and Spirit Guides will have a different sounding voice or an accent. Be discerning and ask who they are. You can also ask questions, listen, and journal your impressions. This helps the energy flow and I have found my mind doesn’t interfere as much when I am journaling and I will receive quite a bit more information. Try them both and see what works best for you.
9. Affirmations. I don’t know about you, but I just love affirmations. I discover once I start saying them the energy of the good feelings just keep going. Some days I can just think of good things to say over and over. And they can turn your energy around if you are having difficulty. You can create your own affirmations and add them to your intentions to increase you clairaudience. State them positively and confidently. An example would be “I hear my Spirit Team loud and clear.”
10. Be a good listener. Sometimes being sensitive and hyper alert makes you feel like you “know” what someone is going through or what someone is going to say before they say it because your feelings and awareness are so in tune. I find myself completing other people’s sentences and thoughts before they do. I really have to focus on finishing listening to what they really have to say. I think it is important for them to feel like they are being listened to. After all, we really don’t know what someone else is experiencing even though we have had similarities in experiences. Each person’s experiences are different. So I believe it is important to learn to be a good listener. Sometimes if you just hold space for another in telling what’s on their mind they often come to their best own solution for themselves. We don’t have to say a word. So next time you are conversing with someone practice just listening. When you can observe and listen you will be acutely aware of the subtleties of your Spirit Team.
I hope you find this article on turning up the sound on your clairaudience beneficial and fun. I would guess there are many more ways to increase clairaudience and I am sure you can come up with some on your own that work for you. The more you know and experience the clearer things become. Most of all have fun with it and enjoy trying new things.
Reiki Master Teacher, Energy Healer, Spiritual Medium, Spirit Artist